The new reference in RTS at its best!
The Wargame series returns to duty, larger, richer and more spectacular than ever before. In Wargame Red Dragon, you are engaged in a large-scale conflict where Western forces clash against the Communist bloc.
1991: the two blocs confront each other in a new theater of war, Asia, joined by various other countries: Japan, China, North Korea, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
You command the military resources of all 17 nations involved, assembling your fighting force from a phenomenal selection of 1,450 units that have been meticulously reproduced from their source! Command tanks, planes, helicopters, new warships and amphibious units in intense battles of unequaled tactical depth. Master the relief of varied, ultra realistic battlefields, dominate the new maritime areas and rewrite history in a conflict that has been directed and designed in stunning detail by development studio Eugen Systems.
Wargame Red Dragon is thrilling in single-player mode with its new dynamic campaign system, and also offers an extensive multiplayer mode where up to 20 players can compete against each other simultaneously.
Nation Pack: South Africa
Get back into the fight with the South African Defence Force’s unique Cold War arsenal in the new Wargame Red Dragon – Nation Pack: South Africa.
With this new in-depth Nation Pack expansion for the Eugen Systems’ popular RTS, you get to play with the hard-hitting and mobile fighting forces of the SADF, as deployed during the Border Wars of the 1980s. Take control of close to 90 new units, meticulously researched and painstakingly recreated and all fully voiced in either Afrikaans or South African-accented English.
Known for its fast-wheeled units and aggressive infantry, the SADF was one of the premier fighting forces on the African continent – and one of the few engaged in open Cold War conflict. Focused on self-sufficiency due to strict international embargoes, the SADF fielded many indigenous designs, specially adapted to the local environment and battlefield conditions.
From Casspir and Ratel APCs to the tracked Olifant main battle tank, the wheeled G6 Renoster self-propelled artillery, Rooivalk attack helicopters – the SADF’s renowned arsenal is now fully available in Wargame Red Dragon.
South Africa Features
- Play with close to 90 new SADF units, including 20 brand-new vehicle models, as well as numerous new variants.
- These include the ubiquitous Casspir and Ratel APCs (IFV, recon, command, mortar, and even SAM), the Rooikat wheeled tank (including variants and prototypes), Eland (license-produced French AML), Cactus (French Crotale), the tracked Olifant MBT, many armed versions of locally made SAMIL trucks (Ystervark and Bosvark SPAAG, Valkiri and Bateleur MLRS), to the iconic G6 Renoster self-propelled howitzer.
- Air forces available feature the old Buccaneer, Vampire and Impala as close-air support, as well as several French Mirage variants and locally modified Cheetah as fighter and multirole aircrafts. Furthermore, you will find the Atlas Carver prototype, the planned (yet canceled) first full South African plane design.
- Helicopters include the French Alouette III, Puma, Super Frelon and their locally produced versions and prototypes such as the K-Car, Oryx and XTP-1 Beta. You’ll also will be able to deploy South Africa’s very own attack helicopter design, the Rooivalk.
- Infantry features Bokkop regular riflemen, Parabat paratroopers, SASF special forces, and many more units such as militia, recon, MANPADS, engineers. You will also find Portuguese-speaking Angolian UNITA squads, as well as SADF’s own 32 Battalion (the Buffalos), a veteran light infantry formation.
- SADF weaponry features imported or locally built R1 and R4 rifles, SS-77 and Mini-SS MG, LRAC and APILAS LAW, but also the more original HK-21, FT5, Inflict and, of course, the iconic Y2 grenade-launcher and NTW-20 heavy sniper rifle.
- Norse Dragons
- South Africa
- Nation Pack: Israel
- Second Korean War
- Nation Pack: Netherlands
- The Millionth Mile
- Russian Roulette [10vs10 Map DLC]
- Double Nation Pack: REDS