THE END HAS BEGUN:
After decades of movies and video games speculating on a possible virus that turns humans into “zombies”, it has happened.
It all started with some strange viral videos on social media, where crazy people were seen biting others in public places. Afterward, the news began to talk about hospitals collapsing and mass hysteria that resulted in uncontrolled violence. A few weeks later, the first martial law was enacted, and frightened citizens locked themselves in their homes while authorities were attempting to contain an unprecedented social event.
THREE DIFFERENT FACTIONS!
Even if have passed just a few months since the first video was posted on social media, the world as we knew it’s long gone.
On one hand, the powerful national armies are desperately trying to restore an order that now seems forever lost.- On the other hand, there are the Infected or all those forms of life that have been infected by this mysterious living organism, which inexplicably seems to make intelligent choices in its actions.
Finally, there are the Survivors: men and women forced to survive day after day, isolated inside the metropolis they used to call home.
Each of these 3 factions has unique units, buildings, defenses, tactical and strategic supports!
Take advantage of the Army’s devastating firepower in the open field, assault the last human bulwarks by playing as the Infected… or try to survive at least another day as a Survivor.
- Finally, you can play as a “bad guy” – as an Infected – or as someone who has experienced the apocalypse first-hand – as a Survivor.
- 3 fully characterized factions with unique playstyles: the Army is great at medium-long range, the Infected are unstoppable in close combat, and the Survivors try to dominate the battlefield with unconventional weapons.
- Day/night cycle (optional): the Infected will become more lethal at night, while humans will need artificial lighting systems to see through the darkness.
- If you don’t want to play an RTS the traditional way, you can play it as an ally that helps by providing close air support, managing tactical support, or boarding powerful “military” aircraft.
- When a battle starts during the Campaign, it will take place in the same biome of the hex where the defending army is present.
- Armies can have specializations that significantly change players’ and AI’s playstyle.
- You can decide your allies’ behavior before starting a battle to align their actions to your combat strategy.
- Some zombies and parasites can bring their victims back to life, so watch out for those killed in battle!
- There is a dynamic weather system (optional): random atmospheric events will take place in each biome ant that will heavily impact the battle.
- Buildings and strategic actions in the Campaign modify the player’s experience when he goes into battle.
- If you surround an enemy on the Campaign map, you also surround him in battle! Clashes in RTS will fully reflect the conditions of the Campaign around the battle hex!
- Varied and easily manageable aviation. Use powerful air support to thin enemy ranks, but watch out for the costs!
- Battles can involve up to 6 armies (1 player + 5 bots).
- The number of units on the entire battlefield is customizable but depends on the power of your computer; in fact, it can vary from a few hundred to several thousand.
- Many game parameters are customizable to have a less frustrating and more suitable gaming experience.
- Different types of battles and different types of campaigns.
- Considering all the maps, battle types, factions, AI behaviors, their specializations, and their initial positions on the battlefield, Age of Undead tends to be much more replayable than other similar games.
- You can complete the Campaign by fighting very few battles manually; just knowing how to face an enemy by taking advantage of your numerical superiority is enough for victory!