Lumencraft is a unique combination of a top-down shooter and base building game with tower defense elements. Enter procedurally generated levels with a fully destructible environment to build your base, dig some tunnels and find the precious Lumen – humanity’s only chance for survival.
BECOME THE SAVIOR OF MANKIND
For two centuries the remnants of humanity struggle to survive without electricity and light. But there is a spark of hope. In 2221 the survivors find Lumen – a crystal of high energy potency that may be the last chance for mankind. Scouts, brave miners, established an underground settlement and voyage into the dark to reach the nearby Lumen deposits. But the darkness consumed them, as the subterranean caves and tunnels hold as much danger as salvation. Now it’s time for you to step into the endless shadows…
DRILL AND SHOOT YOUR WAY TO SALVATION
The lightless underground holds swarms of enemies that will raid your base. Illuminate the gloomy tunnels with your weapons and turrets in a struggle for survival. Drill new paths and shafts to reach valuable resources or blast walls and your foes.
EXPLORE A FULLY DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENT
With a lot of effort and a set of original algorithms, 2Dynamic Games have transformed the open-source Godot Engine into a completely new tool. This allows every bit of terrain (pixel, as we used to call them) to be destroyed, and maps to be painted as if in a drawing program.
YOUR WAYT TO PLAY
Lumencraft offers several game modes to suit your gameplay style. With a 27-mission campaign experience the full narrative of humanity’s struggle for survival. Jump into procedurally generated maps and fight in a true roguelike fashion. Or maybe create your own level in the editor, or try out what the creators and Steam Workshop users have prepared for you. Custom game types (e.g. tower defence, action, survival or mix of them) with user-defined starting technologies/upgrades and goals allow you to test your skills as a scout in any conditions. Invite your friend to play locally or using Steam Remote play and dive into the darkness together.
Easily create stunning maps with moldable terrain and a variety of objects to choose from. Invite friends to play in your custom map and define game types, starting technologies, upgrades, and goals.
We hope the community will create many amazing maps for the Steam Workshop.
- Multiple game modes – a story campaign, custom maps created by the developers and the community or procedurally generated levels. The choice is yours!
- Defending the underground settlement by direct combat and the use of diversified turrets.
- Highly efficient and satisfying digging mechanics (just listen to the sweet sound of crushed rocks and Lumen).
- Explosive weapons. Yes, we have dynamite.
- Dynamic lights and pixel-perfect interaction with a fully destructible terrain.
- Dread atmosphere created through an impactful sound design and a unique 2Dynamic lighting system.
- Realistic simulations. Just look at the lava!
- Play with your friends in co-op mode either using Steam Remote Play or locally on a shared screen 🙂