SpellForce 3 – The perfect blend between RTS and RPG!
It is the year 518. The rebellion of the renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been quashed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: Whole regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious, deadly plague called the “Bloodburn” has arisen and is spreading rapidly.
In times like these people cling to any sign of hope they can find. The Purity of Light, led by a charismatic man called Rondar Lacaine, claims that mages are the source of all misfortune – and that only the second coming of Aonir, the father of all gods, will return Eo to its former splendor.
The story takes place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn.
Reforced Edition includes the following new features:
- Enhanced campaign experience
- Improved RTS mechanics and reworked RTS faction (Humans, Orcs and Elves) designs, introduced in the expansions Fallen God & Soul Harvest
- Updated Skilltrees with new spell mechanics introduced in the expansions
- Improved Questflow
- Improved loot distribution for a smoother progression
- Reworked crafting
- RTS AI Balance overhaul
- Complete rework of the hub for minimizing downtimes
- Complete purge of campaign/quest logic issues
- Improved Coop Mode
- Visually and functionally enhanced User Interface used in the expansions
- Full Gamepad Support for controls and UI
- A new skirmish map “Bitter Canyon” set in a mountainous environment
- Journey Mode: An additional game mode similar to the original SpellForce’s “Free Game Mode”, providing more than 20 hours of unique content and a lot of replay value. Can be played in Coop!
- Journey Skirmish: Play PvP skirmish matches against other players with your journey heroes
- Arena Mode: An additional endless game mode where you start with a fresh character, fight against waves of monsters, and buy loot and spells from merchants to compete with other players in the leaderboards which can also be played in Coop
- Improved Mod Support and mod support for the new Journey and Arena modes. Create your own Journey or arena maps and share them with the community.
- Innovative Mix: Unique gameplay blending RTS and RPG naturally together
- Create & Customize: Create your own hero and choose between distinct skill trees
- Build to Fight: Raise your own army and fight epic mass battles
- Epic Storyline: Immerse yourself in a rich world – Unravel the secrets behind the current situation in Nortander. Explore Eo, a fully-realized world filled with interesting characters and heart-wrenching stories.
- Make new friends: Assemble your party from a diverse cast of companions that not only complement your skills in interesting ways but also have an impact on the narrative. Manage their skills and equipment to ensure victory on the battlefield.
- Choose your side: Strengthen and command one of three factions – Elves, Orcs and Humans. Prepare your troops and fight the mother of all battles. Play strategically, taking advantage of terrain, troop formations, visibility, scouting, etc.
- Experience an epic tale: Enjoy a fully-voiced 30+ hour campaign on your own or with friends in the campaign coop mode. Face opponents of all skills in the online battles.
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes – Compete against each other in the PvP and Domination mode or play cooperative either together on one faction or classic where everybody plays a faction.